Important Tips How To Connect TP-Link
Summary – In today’s world, each and everybody is depending upon an online portal to carry out their daily task. To get a high-speed internet connection, routers play an indispensable role. There are many kinds of routers available and you need to know the installation guide for each and every one. By knowing TP-Link router connection, you can able to install it with the computer or laptop without the assistance of anybody.
Routers do not require any drivers or software. You just have to connect with your Wi-Fi. The network name (SSID) and password must be incorporated into information which arrives with a router or it is mentioned at the bottom of the device. You must really change the network name & hence make it hidden so that nobody will find your name and connect with your network without your permission. If you want to know how to connect tp link, then you must read the instructions for connecting it easily.
How To Connect TP Link
You can also change the password with random and memorable characters with fewer symbols embedded in it. The user can log into the router administrator console by offering the IP address as 192.168.1.1 in the web browser of the computer which is linked with the router. The default login ID for your TP-Link is admin and this information is also included in the sticker or manual. You can change the default setting of admin login and password to something which is highly secure.
How To Setup TP-Link Router
People who want to know how to connect tp link can read the below-given instructions to easily set up the wireless router. If you have router and cable provider & would like to install with internet connection then here are the effective steps to follow with:
- First of all, connect the internet cable that occurs from the internet service to the TP-Link Router
- After that, connect your computer with TP-Link router with aid of Ethernet cable
- Open any of the browsers such as internet explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome
- At the address page of the browser, type 192.168.1.1 to easily access the configuration page of TP-link router
- By this time, you can enable the wireless network and hence follow the specific instructions for connecting the router.
- Please change your SSID and network password depending upon your wish
- After installation, just save all the changes and then reboot the TP-Link router
- Your TP-link wireless network router will be installed
- After that, you can contact your network provider to assist you with TP-link router installation.
Installing TP-Link Using PPPoE Connection
After connecting the TP-Link Router with Ethernet cable offered by the internet provider, you need to follow these instructions. Thus, understand how to connect tp link and install with your device.
- Open the web browser page & access the setup page using above given instructions
- After that, you can configure WAN connection type
- At the router management page, you have to click network and then WAN on the left side of the webpage
- Modify the WAN connection type to PPPoE.
- Mention the username & password provided by the internet service provider
- After typing the password & username, save the setting & reboot the router
- You are allowed to change the SSID name & security password whenever you need
- Restart the device and connect your wireless network using a new login id and password
Tips To Remember
- Make sure to reboot the TP-Link router & computer after installing the wireless router
- If it is a combo device such as router and modem then do not reset it often
How To Change Password Of TP-Link Wireless Router
After knowing how to connect tp link, you must also know how to change the password. If you want to change the password of TP-Link Wireless Router then you can make use of these steps to change it easily. After changing the password, you need to use it for logging into the router network.
- Ensure your computer is connected with the internet: You have to connect with internet to access the TP-link router page. If the wireless connection is not working properly then you can connect with the router directly.
- Open your web browser: In order to access the router page easily, the user needs to mention the router address in the address bar of the web browser.
- Enter default router address: You need to give default router address in the TP-link router address
- Give router password and username: If you have not changed these settings then the password and username are known as admin for both cases. If you no longer remember the changed password or username then you need to reset router before working
- Click the wireless option available on the left side of the page
- Click on the ‘wireless security’ button. This option is placed below the wireless menu found on the left-hand side of the page
- Move down & check WPA – PSK/ WPA2 – PSK box. It is mentioned on the page bottom part
- Give new password: Go to the password field and type the new password which you want.
- Click on the save option which is placed at the page bottom.
- Click ‘ok’ when prompted. Your new password will be saved but you have to reboot the router for the certain changes to occur
- Click on ‘System Tools’. It is placed at the end of column options which is placed at the left of the page
- Click Reboot option which you find at the bottom of the ‘System Tools’ menu
- Click ‘ok’ when prompted. It will reboot the router. When it gets an online connection, your password will be reset. You have to reconnect every previously linked device with the router by mentioning a new password.
With these above-mentioned points, you might have now understood about how to connect tp link easily. Follow these instructions to connect the TP-link router with your desired devices. You need to save your password and login ID from intruders.